It’s been 8 days since the release of the new Android TV app, and we’ve been hard at work and talking with our users to improve it!
Here’s what changed in v1.5.4:
- Fixed potential crashes on startup and regular app use
- Prevent TV overscan in player controls (added padding to video player UI to fit more screen standards)
- Fixed selecting different external subtitle of the same language
- Fixed RTL subtitles direction
- Disable selecting default subtitles when it’s defined in video container and no preferred languages are defined
- Deduplicated items in catalog rows
- Support for API 22 (used in old Firestick / Fire TV devices)
- Added backdrop and pulsing / progress logo when loading stream
- Added dialog option in video player to view network / peer information for torrent streams
- RTL layout support in the UI
- Fixed bug where Trakt Watchlists would show an error instead of the catalog
- Fixed updating Library when adding / removing items
- Small bug fixes / improvements
Trakt scrobbling is not yet supported, we are working on adding support and it should hopefully be available soon.
For those that use Android TV devices that have Play Store, the update will be done automatically. For those that don’t, the download for the new version (v1.5.4) will become available on the website after 24h (due to caching). If you are too excited and can’t wait, you can use this link to see the new version download options in the meanwhile.
Stay tuned, as we have more surprises planned for our users!