It’s been 8 days since the release of the new Android TV app, and we’ve been hard at work and talking with our users to improve it!
Here’s what changed in v1.5.4:
- Fixed potential crashes on startup and regular app use
- Prevent TV overscan in player controls (added padding to video player UI to fit more screen standards)
- Fixed selecting different external subtitle of the same language
- Fixed RTL subtitles direction
- Disable selecting default subtitles when it’s defined in video container and no preferred languages are defined
- Deduplicated items in catalog rows
- Support for API 22 (used in old Firestick / Fire TV devices)
- Added backdrop and pulsing / progress logo when loading stream
- Added dialog option in video player to view network / peer information for torrent streams
- RTL layout support in the UI
- Fixed bug where Trakt Watchlists would show an error instead of the catalog
- Fixed updating Library when adding / removing items
- Small bug fixes / improvements
Trakt scrobbling is not yet supported, we are working on adding support and it should hopefully be available soon.
For those that use Android TV devices that have Play Store, the update will be done automatically. For those that don’t, the download for the new version (v1.5.4) will become available on the website after 24h (due to caching). If you are too excited and can’t wait, you can use this link to see the new version download options in the meanwhile.
Stay tuned, as we have more surprises planned for our users!
7 thoughts on “Stremio for Android TV Update”
First of all, let me say how much I appreciate your great work on this app. I really love it.
The Android TV 1.5.3-4 updates are a step forward in terms of look and bug fixing. However, they have few issues I would like to point out:
– Trying to pack the information about the movie/series in the upper part of the screen has a few drawbacks, comparing to the older interface (where clicking the item used to show information about it):
1. Only information available now is the movie/series description. No info about actors, director etc. That’s really important and I’m sure lot of people would miss it.
2. Fact that the description is packed on half of the screen makes it hard to read (fonts are smaller than before).
3. The one line interface means we now need to scroll A LOT in order to see new items.
– In addition, the feature where you could click the IMDB score and it would take you to the IMDB page of that movie/series (via the browser) is gone now. Was also very useful.
Would really appreciate if you could address these points.
Cheers and keep on the great work.
In the latest version 1.5.4 for Android TV, in the Discovery section, it`s no longer possible to access the categories with the remote control and they remain fixed in Popular and Default.
In the previous version this worked without problems.
Other users reported this as well, we will release a hotfix for it soon
I installed Stremio v 1.5.4 on my firestick from the Aura store & it works great! I was wondering if you are going to put out a 32 bit version specifically for firestick?
The “x86 APK” download from the official website is the 32bit version
I have some suggestions that might be useful and interesting for using the app or watching
1- It is better to have a page refresh option below the stream links.
2- I hope that the synchronization of the player’s subtitles will have a transparent background in order to facilitate the synchronization process and adjust them accurately.
3- We hope that there will be multiple font options in the player or that there will be support for external fonts added by the user.
4- The player must support the addition of external subtitles.
5- If subscene could be supported, it would be really great.
Thanks to the developer team for the great work they are doing.
Great work guys, than you ! Is it possible to add autoplay feature “Show notification to start next episode” like you have in windows version so you can play next or cancel it.