Are you wondering what we have been doing these past couple of months? Working super hard to make Stremio better, that’s what we’ve been doing! Below is a quick list of the most important improvements we’ve introduced.
We have completed the integration between Stremio and AdEx. As of now, you’ll be able to see discreet, unobtrusive ads in the info box on the Discover page.
Interested in advertising with AdEx to reach our 7+ million users? Get in touch now.
- Add-ons can now be upgraded when installed from URL;
- We have added more detailed information about the content provided by add-ons to the installation pop-up;
- We have fixed an issue that caused a message about no subtitles add-on to be displayed when playing a movie trailer;
- We have fixed the add-on share URL.
- We have updated Stremio SDK in relation to subtitles. For more information on this, you can check out the Stremio SDK documentation;
- Subtitles now sync much better in Chromecast;
- We have fixed an issue where the embedded subtitles section was shown with no subtitles to choose from;
- We have fixed the punctuation in RTL (right-to-left) languages.
- We improved the gamepad controls;
- The gamepad notification is now better;
- We added an option to disable the gamepad support; gamepads are now disabled by default;
- We have fixed an issue that prevented gamepads from normal operation
Other bug fixes
- Some episodes were not marked as watched; this is now fixed;
- We have fixed an issue that caused some local files and subtitles to be unplayable;
- We allowed listing the available streams if any for upcoming episodes;
- The buffering progress is now shown in the loading bar.
There are less than 5 days left until the end of the 2019 Stremio add-on contest. You still have a chance to participate and submit an add-on entry to compete for the $5,000 in prizes.
If you haven’t created a Stremio add-on before, you may want to start with this neat video tutorial.
What’s new at the office
Ice cream season is on and we discovered the vanilla-mango sorbet flavor. A few people on the team had their birthdays so we’ve also been eating a log of cake. In short, we’re probably going to be fat by the end of the summer. Poor us.