It’s been over a month since we posted Stremio Tech Update #6 and it was great, productive month.
Below you can read about all things we have prepared for you and we hope you will like them a lot.
Many of you have requested it in the past and we are happy to announce that the Stremio User Portal is finally available. The User Portal allows you to manage your account from one place and it supports following functionalities:
- Password reset;
- Data export;
- Subscribe to a calendar based on your library, showing new episode releases;
- Delete account – but we hope you will not use this one 😊;
- Manage Facebook and Trakt integrations;Manage existing sessions – useful if you don’t want someone else to use your account after password reset
If you have suggestions for features to add, let us know here.
The highlight here is the redesigned menu section which is now available in a drop-down form like on the image above.
Add-ons creators can now define custom content type so they are not limited to Movies, Series and TV Channels only. We recommend you try the Community Vote winner from the last add-on contest we held: the Podcasts For All add-on
The local add-on also has been updated: files deleted from your disk will be not displayed anymore.
We worked very hard to fix all bugs/issues reported to us:
- We have fixed an issue that caused seeking with shift didn’t seek correct amount of time
- We have fixed an issue that caused it was not possible to cast live streams
- We have fixed an issue that caused settings were not saved
- We have fixed an security issue in translation functions
- We have fixed an issue that caused User Interface glitches on Windows 7/8 you can find information how to fix them here.
If you find a bug in Stremio, don’t hesitate to inform us about it using our help center https://stremio.zendesk.com/.
We have also updated our Android app. The latest release doesn’t provide any new functionalities but we have fixed issue that caused instant crash on some Android boxes. Mobile users are important to us same as desktop users, that’s why we are working to fix most common mobile app issues.
Thanks to one of our users, casting from Stremio to your TV is now more accessible. Read more about this.
The 2019 Stremio Add-On Competition has ended, and the winners were announced. More about add-on competition, winners and judging process you can find in this blog post.
We’ve conducted a survey to find out what feature you’d like to see next. This will determine the next thing we work on, so expect updates soon!
We are working to improve Stremio on all platforms and we are sure we will be able to deliver major enhancements in second half of this year.